Help & Support
Do you have a question? We can help! Take a look at our frequently asked questions to address all of your needs or get in touch with us below.
- Close proximity to the United States
- Skilled and trainable labor force
- Excellent communication system and English as the primary language
- Excellent infrastructure and industrial expansion capacity
- Excellent transportation facilities to service world makers including one of the deepest natural Container Port in the region.
To create an online account, visit the Account page, click the Create Your Account button and follow the prompts that appear.
With an online account, you can apply for a business license, request bond letters, manage your business license details and more.
Business License Questions
To apply for a business license The Grand Bahama Port Authority, click here to register for an online account and follow the prompts that will direct you to the online business license application form.
Download a business license application form and submit it to the Customer Relations Department of The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Limited.
Bahamian Applicants: Takes approximately one to two weeks for approval to acquire actual license.
Non-Bahamian Applicants: Takes approximately two – three months for processing and a due diligence/background check is obtained in addition to notation from the Bahamas Government.
- Exemption from real property taxes until 2015
- Exemption from personal property taxes and taxes on capital gains, appreciation, or on shares, debentures or other securities until 2015
- Exemption on taxes from earnings until 2015
- Total duty exemption for the importation of all materials and supplies of every kind necessary for capital development and the operation of the business (other than consumable stores) until 2054
- Exemption from excise and export taxes until 2054
- Exemption from stamp taxes on the bank transfer of funds in respect of businesses operating in the Port Area until 2054
- First time homeowner: duty-free home for licensees and employees
- The Hawksbill Creek Agreement granted GBPA and its licensees concessions to import duty free materials and guaranteed freedom from all taxes until 2015 such as real and personal property taxes, capital gains and most customs duties, which has now been extended to 2054.
- Allowed to import all materials that is not consumable duty free. This includes building supplies, office furniture and supplies, fixtures, fittings, stationery and related non consumable items.
For more answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Need additional help?Our customer relations team is happy and ready to assist you.
Call us at +1 242-350-9050
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need additional help or looking to contact one of our offices?
Our customer relations team is happy and ready to assist you.